Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care system that blends modern scientific knowledge with traditional and natural forms of medicine that allow optimal wellness from the inside of the body and outside. The naturopathic philosophy is to allow the body to heal itself and treat the underlying root cause of illness. In B.C., naturopathic physicians are licensed as primary care doctors. They are trained as general practitioners in complementary medicine, providing a full range of diagnostic tests and pharmaceutical prescriptive authority.
Naturopathic treatment of both acute and chronic conditions are chosen based on the individual patient.
WHAT CAN MY NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR HELP ME WITH?
- Cardiovascular disease: high cholesterol, high blood pressure,
- Chronic Fatigue
- difficulty focusing or concentrating
- Digestive disturbances: abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, cramps, diarrhea,
- Headaches and or Migraines
- Joint and Muscle pain
- Hormone imbalances:PMS, Peri-Menopause, Menopause,
- Recurrent and/or chronic infections
- Respiratory problems such as bronchitis, sinusitis, asthma,
- Skin problems such as eczema, rashes or hives.